GRS-16 PE Parallel Edge Guide Rail Square
Introducing the GRS-16 PE
Precision guide rail square for FESTOOL®, MAKITA® & TRITON® guide rail tracks
Like its sibling GRS-16, the GRS-16 PE is designed to make it much faster to achieve dead square cuts with your FESTOOL, MAKITA or TRITON track saw. Until now, accessories for squaring up your track saw guide rail relied on the loose-tolerance T-slot found on just about every guide rail. To overcome this inherent inaccuracy, you had to rely on a separate reference square, plus a combination of loose parts like T-bars, hex bolts, knobs or wingnuts. Not any longer! The patent-pending GRS-16 PE is completely self-contained and self-aligning, thanks to an innovative, high strength integral draw latch mechanism. Simply slide the GRS-16 PE onto your guide rail, lock the draw latch, and you're done. Five seconds to square.
Engineered for maximum accuracy and ease of use, the GRS-16 PE is precision CNC machined from a single piece of 6061-T6 aluminum and then anodized for a non-marring, high durability finish. Once secured to your guide rail, squareness can be quickly verified by observing the zero-clearance attachment between the square and guide rail. Despite its high clamping strength, your guide rail is completely supported by the straight-edge of the GRS-16 PE, eliminating any potential for track deformation over time. An ergonomic handle makes it easy to lift and reposition the square along your length of track, and machined chamfers improve comfort and handling. The GRS-16 PE is made in the United States, and comes with our unconditional lifetime warranty.
So Which Tool is Right for You?
Reasons to choose the GRS-16 PE (the version you see on this page):
* Permits referencing off the front and back edge of your workpiece
* Retains all of the functionality of the original GRS-16 guide rail square
Reasons to choose the original GRS-16 (see TSO-GRS-16):
* Smallest and lightest form factor for easier handling and convenience, in the shop or on the job site
* Stores nicely in a FESTOOL SYSTAINER T-LOC SYS 1 TL (see our optional FoamPac Storage Insert)
* Ideal for conventional cuts made referencing off the front edge of your workpiece
Reasons for choosing both the GRS-16 and GRS-16 PE:
* Allows you to square both ends of longer rails for greatest accuracy
* Keep one in the truck and one in the shop
* Special savings when purchased together as a Combination Set
GUIDE RAIL NOT INCLUDED
* Dimensions: 15.75 x 6.0 x 1.4 inches (400 x 152 x 36 mm)
* Weight: 2.02 lbs (910 g)
* Material: 6061-T6 aluminum, anodized
* Compatible Guide Rails: FESTOOL, MAKITA and TRITON (not compatible with BOSCH or DEWALT tracks)
* Clamping Mechanism: Over center draw latch (304 stainless steel) with compensating spring; secured with 8-32 x 0.375" hex screws
Sorry - does not fit Scheppach rails.